The European Medicines Verification Organization (EMVO)
EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organization created in 2015 on the joint initiative of EU supply chain actors, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, parallel distributors, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functional, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a Europe-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real impact for patients and the healthcare sector in EU and EEA Member States: EMVS increases patient safety in Europe by ensuring that falsified medicines are detected and removed from the pharmaceutical supply chain.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organizations (NMVOs) and over 2,000 pharmaceutical companies who are currently connected to our system.
Our office is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted remotely.
You will be responsible for successfully managing communications for a key organization in the European pharmaceutical supply chain.
Your work as an EMVO Communication expert will be to execute EMVS communication strategy, manage communication tools and represent EMVO at external events. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Lead, execute and further shape the EMVS communication strategy.
- Develop project dissemination plans, documents and deliverables
- Conceptualize and carry out internal and external communications according to the dissemination plan, ensuring that defined tasks are implemented in a timely manner
- Website and online media management
- Writing and editing of articles, news, brochures and other documents on specific issues related to EMVO’s activities
- Ensure the quality of the distribution of the material to EMVO customers.
- Report the information to the authorities.
- Develop, maintain and manage EMVO communication tools
- Organization and animation of workshops and other events.
- Represent EMVO at events and promote the visibility of EMVO.
- Processing of press and media requests Design and implementation of crisis communication policies.
- Perform any other task related to the above tasks that may be requested.
EMVO is looking for someone with the right skills and qualities to lead the communication strategy and develop it further. We are therefore looking for candidates who demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field related to communication or similar, or have gained significant experience through your previous work.
- You have at least three to five years of communication experience.
- You are able to summarize and simplify complex political or technical processes and translate them into clear, precise and targeted messages
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and design layout skills are essential
- You have excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems effectively.
- You have a good command of Microsoft 365, in particular PowerPoint and other presentation tools, with a basic knowledge of IT processes
- Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and various online tools (e.g. Sharepoint, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- You are proactive, creative and innovative.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and diplomatic skills, preferably customer relationship experience
- You are a confident, outgoing person associated with exceptional presentation skills.
As a Communication Expert at EMVO, you will be part of a dynamic and international organization, growing to meet the demands of the healthcare and pharmacy sectors.
EMVO offers you:
- A permanent position in a dynamic work environment, working with innovative systems and alongside friendly and open colleagues.
- An interesting and hard work within large-scale projects.
- a attractive salary package including meal vouchers, eco vouchers and group and health insurance.
- A career in a safe and secure environment stable working environment in an industry vital to the evolution of today’s society.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills; with a C1 English level or higher.
Apply online via the career page of the EMVO website (https://careers.emvo-medicines.eu/en/vacature/59994/communication-expert/)